5 DAYS MAGICAL KIDEPO UGANDA SAFARI
- The trip starts and ends in Kampala.
- Attractions: Kidepo National Park, karamojong homesteads
- Activities: Game drive, nature walk, hot springs, cultural tourism
- 4X4 vehicle with an English speaking
- All airport transfers can be handled at an extra cost.
- Apoka Lodge while in the Kidepo National Park
- Churchill courts in Gulu town
- Kidepo Valley National Park is located in the North East part of the country and one of the isolated parks bordering Kenya and South Sudan. It lies about 700kms from Kampala but this varies depending on the route used. It’s famous for big numbers of wildlife mostly Mammals, Birds and cats plus landscape. The communities around the park are mostly Karamajong. KVNP was voted by Lonely Planet in 2012 as the Number 1 Best in Travel interest, it was also nominated as Africa’s Leading National Park 2013 and Best Trips 2013 by Nat Geo among others.
Day1: Kampala to Kitgum
You will picked by our driver/guide at your hotel or residence in Kampala after you have had breakfast ready to start your tour to the most isolated national park in Uganda and we will drive you through the plain and remote vegetation to northern part of the country, make a lunch stopover in Gulu, before proceeding to Kitgum for night overstay and dinner at the Apoka Lodge.
Day2:Kidepo valley national park- Game drive.
After breakfast we will continue your journey to the most magnificent and Africa’s finest wildernesses through the remote villages of Acholi, to the Karamojong homesteads and finally into the valleys of Kidepo National Park the most beautiful and #3 best national park in Africa as voted by CNN travel channel. After your check in and had lunch we will take you on an evening game drive into the open savannah grasslands of the Kidepo valley national park where you will be able to spot some of parks lions that may be sitting in along the narus valley or on the rocks at the entrance of Apoka park headquarters, other wildlife that can be spotted include elephants, leopard, bushbucks and much more. And then return to the hotel for night.
Day3: Game drive to hot springs and nature walk.
Depart in the morning after breakfast and carry with you packed lunch for game drive to the hot springs via the palm trees lined Kidepo River, in search for Ostriches and leopards, tortoises along the way. After having our packed lunch we will stench our legs on guided nature walk through the park and return to hotel refresh yourselves, relax and have time to enjoy the wildernesses night overstay and meals at Apoka safari lodge or NgaMoru camp (high and mid budget) and Uganda wildlife Authority bandas or camp sites (budget travel) in the wilderness at the Bush camp.
Day 4: Kidepo valley national park to Gulu
Transfer to Gulu after breakfast and will stop over for lunch break in Kitgum before proceeding to Gulu for the night. Gulu is biggest town in the areas which has just comes out of insurgency caused by the Lord’s Resistance Army but now life is back to normal with safe and busy streets which allow visitors to move freely in town and do shopping. The area has got number of hotels and Guest houses that fit every ones budget. Optional accommodation includes Acholi Inn and Churchill courts for midrange and upmarket facility, Frankline hotel for Budget travel.
Day 5: Drive to Kampala from Gulu.
Depart in the morning after having breakfast to Kampala with stopover for lunch break on route at Kabalega dinners and drop off at your residence or Hotel and that will be end of the trip.
Tour Includes; pick up from Kampala and back, transport in 4×4 safari vehicle with pop up adapted for game viewing, game drive, hot springs, accommodation in double/ twin room for selected hotel, meals attached to the room, park entrance fees.
It excludes: Visa and international flights fees, meals and drinks that are not attached to the rooms, extra activities, expenses of personal nature, staff tips, medical and travel insurance.
|No. of people||1||2||3||4||5||6|
|Cost USD PP||2,055||1,458||976||712||803||620|
BE SOCIAL WITH US!
Hotline: +256 755 330386
Tel: +256 393 517349; +256 414 692078
Ham Towers, Makerere Hill Road, 3rd Floor,
near Makerere University, Main Entrance
Mon - Fri. 08:00 - 17:00, Saturday. 08:00 - 12:00